Thursday 19 August 2010

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Smoothing Serum


Was there life before Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Smoothing Serum? It sure doesn't feel like it. Suffice to say that I'm absolutely in love with this product! I just got new extensions a couple of weeks ago and this serum has kept my hair looking as good as the day I did it. I use a mixture of Brazilian and Malaysian hair for my extensions and you're only supposed to use "European" hair products on it. I was previously using the popular Frizz-Eaze by John Frieda and while it worked well when my hair was still wet, it could make my hair look borderline greasy if I used even a smidgen too much when it was dry/ drying. The Paul Mitchell Serum works just as well wet or dry and it smells absolutely divine! It tames any flyaway hairs without making my hair looking greasy and it actually looks really good on my own relaxed hair as well.

The serum is really light so it doesn't just sit on your hair like other hair products tend to do. It left my hair with a nice glossy (non-greasy) finish. It's also supposed to reduce drying time but I didn't notice any huge difference personally. It's not available in the usual Boots or Superdrug so you have to go to a professional hairdresser to buy it. Alternatively, you can do what I did and grab a great deal off e-bay! The RRP is a tad pricey at £13.80 for the 100ml but I managed to find the 250ml for about £15 on e-bay and a little really does go a looooong way.

Pros: Smells gorgeous, does exactly what it says on the tin, lightweight, can be used wet or dry


Cons: Don't really have any, except the price I suppose.

Love, life and silky hair Domzy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your pearls of wisdom here!