Saturday 28 August 2010

Urban Decay Book of Shadows III and FOTD!

I finally received my Urban Decay Book of Shadows III from Debenham's a few days ago and after I jumped up and down in joy for a few minutes, I took a few pics for you guys. There are far more detailed pictures and swatches by Yinka of Vex and the City and also on Lipglossiping you can check out but I wanted to show what the colours looked liked on a darker skin tone like mine. I'm an NW45 in MAC foundations as a reference. I also used it for the first time yesterday and I swallowed my shyness and apprehension to show you my first ever Face of the Day (FOTD) so be kind.
The top of the box
Lift the lid and you get a cool light up, pop-up effect
The shadows with a mini primer potion and 24/7 eyeliners
I took some swatches of the colours and believe me when I say that my camera does them no justice. I took a set without the flash and a set with the flash to give you more of an idea of the true colours in the set.


From left to right:

Perversion- a matte charcoal grey/black colour; Uzi- a silver shade with  silver glitter pieces; Loaded- a deep, dark green; Kush- a bright green with a silvery sheen; Midnight Cowboy Rides Again- a neutral champagne/ beige with glitter chunks; Last Call- pinky purplish; Rockstar- aubergine purple; Money- a platinum with a slight tinge of blue-green.




Haight- a lovely teal; Maui Wowie- a pale gold with glitter; Smog- bronze; Bordello- lighter pink with small bits of gold glitter; Radium- a bright metallic blue; Snatch- a peach with bits of glitter; Suspect- pearlescent dark beige; Psychedelic Sister- medium purple

The set also comes with two of Urban Decay's 24/7 liners in Ransom (a bright purple) and Zero (a jet black) in addition to a mini vial of their primer potion. I've already gone through several "zero" liners and while it goes on great on my upper eye lid, it just doesn't agree with my waterline because it melts itself into the corner of my eyes. I still love their liners though because they go on so damn smoothly! As for the primer potion, there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said before and I heartily recommend using this before applying any eye shadow.


As for the colours, once again my camera really does them no justice. My favourites so far are "money", "haight" and "loaded" but I'm sure that will change from week to week. I absolutely can't stand "uzi" as it's a certified glitter monster. I already own the full-size eye shadow of this I got in a sale a couple of years ago and I've only used it once. The silver glitter pieces really do go EVERYWHERE. The other glittery eye shadows in this collection aren't anywhere as bad as this.


The box itself is quite big so I can't imagine it'd be very portable for everybody but I carry huge bags anyway so I wouldn't blink at carrying this around with me. The packaging is really cool though and the lights in the pop-up section are a nice touch.


I used "haight", "money" and "loaded" in a FOTD yesterday and I thought I'd share...
Eyes: "money" on the inner third, "haight" on the middle third, and "loaded" on the outer 'v' and crease.  I used "shag" as a highlighter and a 24/7 liner in "flipside" underneath my eyes. (All Urban Decay)
Miss Sporty "Studio Lash" mascara in black.


Face: GOSH velvet touch foundation primer, MAC studio fix fluid foundation in NW45, MAC mineralize skinfinish/ natural in "deep dark", NARS blusher in "crazed" with a little bit of "taj mahal" on top

Lips: some no-name Superdrug brand lipgloss.


Clearly I wholeheartedly recommend Urban Decay's newest addition and it's £30 exclusively from Debenham's at the moment. Run and cop it now!

Love, life and New York

Domzy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your pearls of wisdom here!